Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, 23 August 2012

Pinterest Copyright Issues

There has been a lot of talk lately about copyright and how best to use Pinterest to avoid infringing on copyright. I'm not going to go into the nitty gritty here, but here are some tips and some additional resources that touch on the subject.
  • Watermark your photos. I did a tutorial, How to Watermark a Photo, using Picnik. Of course, we all know Picnik is going away, but you can use the very same technique in Pixlr Express as I showed you here. You might try a plugin like Scissors Continued to watermark your photos (I haven't used it myself but I see it has a positive rating).
  • Put your full domain on your photos. Instead of just putting your blog name on your images, put your full domain name so if your image starts floating around, at least people won't have to guess what your domain is.
  • Don't want people to pin your stuff to Pinterest? I recently asked on Facebook whether people prefer to be pinned or not. (You can see what they said here.) There's a simple line of code you can add to your <head>. Dave Taylor spells it out in Block Pinterest Users From "Pinning" Your Content. I also noticed a plugin to do this (but I'd go with the line of code).
  • How to Report a Copyright Infringement (pinterest.com)
  • Why I Don’t Mind Pinterest Hijacking My Links (blogworld.com)
  • Information for Bloggers and People Who Use Pinterest and Pinterest is Changing How I Blog (livinglocurto.com)
  • How Pinterest Uses Your Content Without Violating Copyright Laws readwriteweb.com)



1 comment:

  1. Pinwords is a really basic tool, but it’s great if you want to quickly make an image from a quote and add it to your Pinterest account. Pinstamatic actually lets you create a whole bunch of items to add to your Pinterest boards including website snapshots, pins of Twitter profiles and Spotify tracks that you can pin

    ReplyDelete

 

My Blog List